“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
5 Common Questions/FAQ About living the best life
The Mom of light’s Guide to Living the best life
- Will you come on a journey with me? I will show you how to overcome the toughest situations and choose joy over insanity. (99% of the time, at least – I am human after all) I decided. It’s time to live my best life.
- I can’t tell you how many times I have sat and wondered, “Ok God, what now?“. I remember when the doctor came in the room and said, “Cindy, your kidneys are failing and we are going to have to admit you. Your labor is going to have to be induced, if the ship sinks, so does the cargo.” It was that very moment that my life changed – after nine months (36 weeks and 1 day to be exact) of growing a human being in my own belly, I myself would be face Chronic Kidney Disease, a disease that effects million of people and even more that are connected to them. I knew that even though I was embarking on a journey that was going to test every last thing I had in me, I was indeed going to make it through. How? You ask, GOD! God took me from a mess and made my life story into a message for His glory. Now the tests that I faced are the testimony of God’s mercy on my life. God wants us to live our best life, and there are definitely ways I know how to stack the deck! I’ll let you in on a secret – One is Prayer (don’t roll those eyes just yet hunny). Another is Love. (All you need is love) and here I am, Cindy Light, the Mom of Light, I am qualified by my Father in Heaven who has seen me through the darkest of places to bring me out and set me again on the path to my best life, In my prayer time I see all of you, I see your eyes reading these words, needing words of enlightenment, encouragement, needing to laugh. I believe we are kindred spirits indeed, and Im so happy you’re here to join the community.
Who is the ‘mom of light’?
- I am a mom that just hit her 40’s that loves the idea of eating healthy and being physically fit, but it escapes me at the present moment (*July 2019). (I’ll mark this moment in time and pray that I will see some change when I update this post someday.) My doctor just prescribed me to go on the Keto Diet which equally overjoys and stresses me. I have overcome a major medical issue, a kidney transplant, which sidelined my life for a period of time. I used to be in great shape, and now, I don’t think there is a shape name for where I am at. (Unless rotten pear counts?) There are things that I still need to do. I still have such big dreams, which seem to be getting even bigger. I do this all this while homeschooling my two elementary aged daughters, who challenge my sanity fairly regularly and hosting my radio show, “The Leader Ship”, on Remnant Radio. In my spare time…..wait…. What is that!? I think I had a brain fart. Moving on.
- I think that people sometimes overlook the complications that a major medical event can put on a family. Even years after the actual event, or surgery. Starting with me. My kidney transplant and bonus addiction to pain medication as a result, took my life and the plans I had for my kids, career, marriage, and basically put them in the spin cycle. Even though in this position, I had to take a season off to mend, heal and take care of my body, I have come to a place where it is time to regain what I lost in those years on dialysis, bound physically and mentally by my debilitating disease. After being such a burden on my family during that time, I found it challenging to fully embrace my own future and the path to my best life. I can now have that. I have a second chance.
- I have taken my life back, and the things that I have found so difficult in the past, planning playdates, remembering sports sign ups, baking anything for anybody, or like cutting up veggies right after I buy them and planning meals and classroom instruction for my kids, those things have come back into priority, and so have I. I dusted self-care off this year and Im giving it another whirl. I might have gone through something life changing, but I still have some things I need to do as a human. The major thing is, being unapologetically me, so that my story can live on and inspire. Then motivate and bring new fruit in all of the lives I am able to reach through my writing, and speaking – and sarcasm.
How to start Living your best life
- Be honest with yourself and your own happiness. Ask, am I where I want to be? Am I who I want to be? What does my future look like on the path that I am on?
- When I know that i am meant for more I can no longer stay the same, I become in constant pursuit of the goals that God has placed on my heart. I embrace it with everything I am and I stay in that mindset. When I need a boost, I will go to a mentor or counselor/Pastor for reassurance.
- Prayer is so important in these moments of life. More prayer, more power. Less prayer, less power. I always go before the Father in prayer before making a life changing decision. Sometimes I listen and sometimes I make decisions that cost me more pain then I bargain for. To live my best life, I have to take responsibility for where I am at in this current moment, and then I need to make some attainable goals, and find some friends to hold me accountable.
Tips for Success in living your best life
- Speak to a life coach
- Eat clean
- Learn to Forgive yourself
Common Questions/FAQ About living the best life
How can I ‘start’ living my best life, im already over 40, my life is half over!?
- 40 is the new 20! Many of us had trauma when we were younger that we never healed from. This has frozen us in a maturity well below our years. When we begin facing our past and our demons, we will realize that we are growing and changing and maturing, the way we should have back then. We are NOT DEAD! It is time to declare that I am an OVERCOMER, and with God ALL things are possible! Even after 40! Once we overcome our own minds, we can overcome ANYTHING and live the best life possible! At ANY age! (anybody catch the woman who started ballroom dancing at the age of 62 on America’s Got Talent? – You got my point now?)
I have a family to take care of How do I find time for myself?
- When we neglect ourselves, we can begin to resent the people around us. If we do not declare our own selves a priority in our own life, then we are ignoring a vital part of our heart that needs love and attention, or else it can harden and become a place of contention. Guard your heart, the bible says. Be good to yourself. Your family will be better for it, and SO WILL YOU!
Am I going to have to spend a ton of money?
- Not unless you choose to. There are endless resources available fore free on line and here. I want to be your friend and when I make a referral for something that I believe can help you, you can be confident that I have used it myself and have given it my seal of approval.
I never see these things through
- I surely know how you feel!!! Will all the 70%’rs please rasie their hands? I cannot tell you how many things I started and with the best of intentions too. Sooner or later Id see a shiny squirrel and that would be that. Id be dusting that unfinished project before I’d be finishing it. Or, my weight bench and weight tree sure look good over there in the corner, when they should be full of my sweat! Stick with me, I have already gotten sick of failing enough for all of us. Love grows here and we will be living our best lives together, in community. Its going to be awesome!!
- Do you know what the word FEAR stands for? False Evidence Appearing Real. As real as that fear feels inside of your body, it doesn’t belong there. God doesn’t want any of His children to live in any level of fear. In fact He wants quite the opposite for you, and you’re in a safe place now to learn about you, and the ways to treat you better and live the best life possible.
Its hard for me to trust people
- You know what, life change is a process. It is one big, stinky, hairy process that is full of unknowns, stresses, attacks and insecurity. It is empowering to learn that it is up to us how long we stay in those emotions. I have found some amazing ways to over come my apprehensions – you can learn about those here.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about creating your dream life
- You are one decision away from changing your life. I embraced the fact that I could change my life in a day, which meant my mindset, attitude and actions. And everyone can also feel this level of fulfillment as I do. When we pursue our dreams we find the place where the phrase, “Find what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life” applies to everything you do and your smile shines so bright it lights up the room.
- I want to be your friend! Drop me a comment on this post, and subscribe to my email list! I will never spam you, but I might love on you. Join my tribe!!! You belong here with me.